As I mentioned in my post two weeks ago, we’ve been working on the front entry. That post tells about what has held us up this last year. Now we are finally getting back on track and it feels so good to post progress photos for you guys again!
To recap, here’s what we’ve come home to for a few years. A super dilapidated, temporary, construction staircase, a lot of Typar paper, and a temporary front door that I slapped some red paint on.
We ordered huge truckloads of dirt and rock, that Declan really loved to watch dump. Then Bryce started plugging away at filling gabions and moving dirt.
This next picture really shows just how far off the ground the front door is. This is what all of our work was about last week – filling in the dirt. The goal is to get an entry way that has dramatic steps up to a beautiful door, but that also has an easy, low-slope ramp for wheeling in furniture and for handicap access.
We installed 2 gabions last year and figured out we needed 2 more to hold the dirt back for our entry ramp.
Toddlers are a BIG help on projects like this.
Here you can see just how much dirt we used. I think it was 6 full-sized dump truck loads.
This next picture shows the progress of the dirt.
Here’s how it looks from the front.
This isn’t a super dramatic before and after, but it’s been A LOT of work. 🙂